Monday, September 12, 2011

Have Herpes and Scared of Passing it On?

Lots of people with herpes are scared of passing the virus on to someone else. This is a natural fear.

Myself I have had herpes for over 15 years and I help others with herpes. I have had websites running since 1999 and I have received thousands of emails. You have perhaps looked on the web and learned you should not have sex when you are having an outbreak. And you probably learned as well that you can still pass along the virus if you are not having an outbreak. And that condoms can reduce the chance of spreading herpes, but they still have risk.

I will tell you what has worked for me, and for others too. It is all about never shedding the virus. I mean more than just not having an outbreak at the moment. It is about being in a healthy state where your immune system is very strong. It is so strong that you don't ever have outbreaks. I personally think that when you are in this state you are not shedding the virus and that you are safe. (Though I am not a medical researcher and I can't verify this scientifically, but it has worked for me.) Not shedding is the first part of being safe with a partner. The second part is getting your partner healthy with a strong immune system too.

No comments:

Post a Comment