Sunday, March 27, 2011

I have ibsc and have developed an internal hemorrhoid what is my best treatment option?


Justin

I have constipation predominant IBS with occ. bouts of loose stools but mostly hard painful ones. Recently, the straining for the (lack) of bowel movement seems to have created an internal hemorrrhoid that pokes out during bowel movements and is causing a good deal of pressure and pain. I happen to be in an incredibly difficult time at work right now making taking off for a doctor's appointment a last choice, although i could go to an urgent care after hours if i thought it would be best, and meant that I didn't have to miss work tomorrow. What should I do? I'm on a very high fiber diet that includes both soluble and insoluble fiber and its done nothing, so please don't start with the "more fiber" comments.



West Salem

I have been there. When I am having loose stools its not a big deal, the only problem is knowing when one dares to go out. On the other hand constipation is hellish. It can be there and one feels desperate to "go", the piles drop and there is no space left to even pass wind (I do hope that no one else is reading this). I never dare take laxatives because this can lead to uncontrollable bowel movements, however large dozes of vitamin C do help. Start off with one gram and if this does not do the trick increase the doze. I have also found that "Milk Thistle" drops help. Of late I have also used a stool softener "Dulco Ease". Then if all else fails try a DIY enema there is one called "Fleet" which I use when I am absolutely desperate. My doctor sugested this when I had a bowel impaction.



Ralston

I wont , your lacking water this is why the crap is hard to pass, as one who suffers the water fiber is best, also a walk of at least 2 miles each day will help.Stay away from fast food and processed, try eating less when you dinning. Fiber and don't strain to crap the DR says that it ( bowl movt) should be easy if still having trouble try an enema.


No comments:

Post a Comment