Friday, April 22, 2011

Any treatment that actually works for hemorrhoids?


Longboat Key

I am 38 weeks pregnant with my second, and I have had a problem with hemorrhoids since I was pregnant with my first and as soon as I thought they were going away, they got worse. My diet is fine, I clean thoroughly after every bowel movement, not having any BM issues, I have tried many topical ointments and nothing seems to help. The doctors said they could do more after I have my baby so I'm looking more into surgery or something that my insurance will cover. But before I have to resort to that, does anybody know anything that actually WORKS? And I mean showing a big difference kind of work. Since yesterday they have swelled massively for no apparent reason. I understand that most of you will say that since being pregnant, the extra weight has taken effect but I can assure you that's hardly an issue. Please help. Thanks.



Hunts Point

One other thing that could help with the hemorrhoids is doing a special kind of bath called a sitz bath. You can do this on the toilet with the help of a special pan that goes in to the bowl of the toilet, however, I would recommend checking with your doctor to make sure it's ok to try this.


No comments:

Post a Comment