Sunday, April 17, 2011

External hemorrhoid questions?


Lower Kalskag

I'm 23 years old. I've had problems with chronic diarrhea most of my life. I suspect it to be irritable bowel syndrome. I first started noticing hemorrhoids when I was 18 years old. I haven't really noticed that they have ever gone away completely. But gradually, they have gotten worse...I have one that has gotten to be kinda large when it's flared up, maybe about the size of an m&m candy. I very rarely see them bleed. They cause me a good bit of discomfort, but it isn't unbearable.When should I consider it bad enough to see a doctor (when I can't bear it, perhaps....)?What about treatment? Is rue care oil a joke? Do doctors steer people away from it? I'd like to avoid surgery if I can.I have diarrhea fairly often, so don't recommend that I get more fiber in my diet - that'd make my situation worse. I NEVER get constipated. I'm careful about not eating stuff that provokes diarrhea, but sometimes it's inevitable. IBS aside, suggestions for the hems?



Morrisville

Well, I'm a 60 year old female and have had Hemorrhoids since I was pregnant with my first son in 1967. After he was born of course they got worse.Then still as the years go by, the continue to flare up. I have had them to the extent of that is almost the size of a cluster of grapes though not quite as large as grapes but sure felt like it and I could hardly move for a day or so.I know what you're going through and you should add cheese to your diet if you haven't already. I don't have any dirreahea problems as I tend to eat a pimento cheese sandwich almost daily and it's true that cheese will firm up the stool.As for the Hemorrhoids themselves, you can get tremendous relief from Preparation-H. The cream for the outer and the Suppositories for the inner. It has worked wonders for me and if you don't have either use vaseline to keep yourself moist and just put a ladies mini-pad in your underwear to keep the greasiness off your clothing, no one will know but you.It will also work wonders from the soreness that dirreahea leaves your bottom side in as well. I'm not being funny here, I'm absolutely serious and it has worked well for me, I've never had to even consider surgery as it always goes away even though I will still get bouts of it on occasion, I haven't had one now in years so don't think you have to worry too much about the surgery aspect of it at this point. If you try it, it most likely will help you as well. GOOD LUCK & GOOD HEALTH....



Planada

Try the preparation h suppositories.If they are really bad Doctors do a procedure called banding to remove them. Also try a sitz bath which you can buy in a drug store.


No comments:

Post a Comment