Sunday, April 3, 2011

Haemmorhoids piles in pregnancy?


North Woodbridge

anyone experience this while pregnant? and were you able to use any creams which shrunk them? i was about to buy "Anusol Haemorrhoids Treatment Cream" - is this good to use? any advice would be appreciated! thanks a lot xxxx



Orient

Obviously not pregnant, but I have just recently had successful treatment for hemorrhoids which have plagued me for years. I tried creams etc and they just did not work and would come back regularly. If you are getting bleeding and bad soreness I suggest seeing your GP and asking about rubber band ligation. This is where they place tiny rubber bands around the base of the hemorrhoids and the lack of blood makes them fall off. It's done at hospital and takes about 15mins to do by a trained nurse. I won't go as far as to say pain free (plus it's different for everyone I guess) but I would say for a short period of discomfort the procedure is definitely worth it. This in combination with a high fibre diet and lots of water should keep you out of the woods. I am 6 weeks out from it and think it was the best decision ever. Good Luck



Mechanicsville

I think this is one of the only ones you can use while pregnant personally I didn't find it great. You need to get more fibre into your diet and increase fluid intake. Good luck, I know how terrible it is.



Felida

I had them - very mild when i was about 5 months... i just changed my diet to include more fruit and veg... plenty more fibre and drunk more water and they seemed to clear up...before you use anything you need to go see your dr.



Hull

Anusol suppositories are better, particularly if used at night. Always loads of questions on here about this.



Aplington

My midwife offered me suppositories. I used anusol. As the others have said you need to increase the fibre in your diet and plenty of fluids. My nurse friend had terrible constipation towards the end of her preg and was drinking those fibogel drinks (my granny drinks them too). The piles will shrink down fine after the baby comes too.


No comments:

Post a Comment