Friday, March 25, 2011

Embarrassing hemorrhoids now what options are there while pregnant?


Chattaroy

Okay so Ive been feeling weird sitting down sometimes almost like Maybe there was an accident Or something,and then I would check constantly and there was nothing there, Nothing in my pants, And just thought I was imagining and felt itch butt... Sorry tmi... well i took a mirror, and I have at least one hemorrhoid its coming out of my anus.... Im really embarrassed, And Im only 25 weeks & 4 days. Ive read you can get pregnancy hemorrhoids and Or from child birth or before. Ive never had any before hand I had once before fissures which were just little cuts that i was given hemorrhoid cream for and they went away. It is painful when i go the bathroom And I just thought It was because my foods being digested more slowly for the baby. Ive missed my doctors appointment because im at my parents house, and in the middle of moving and having to switch doctors so I wont be able too see a doctor for about a month. And was just wondering has anyone had this, and what are the treatments available, During pregnancy and afterwards??? Especially if it wont go away... I read it can clear itself up. But Ive had every crappy symptom that comes with pregnancy so far so im really not thinking its going to go away on its own especially not after giving birth since this is my first baby. Please any advise from mothers that have had this or know what the options are. Im not going to take anything until I talk to my doctor but i just wanted to know during or after to get rid of them what the options are?thank you!!!!



Durham

Prunes. Buy a big container of prunes. Everyone makes fun and says they are gross and for old people, but they are really not bad. They taste like giant raisins! I ate the things like candy when I was pregnant cuz I didn't want to get them either! If you can't eat them plain, then bake them into some bran muffins. That way, you can dice them up and they will be mixed with some great fiber to help you even more. I got them with my youngest a couple of times, but the prunes always helped me not to have them anymore. Also, drink a whole lot more than you are now. Keep a big cup with you all the time. Keep it filled with something icy and yummy like lemonade, or virgin margaritas. That way, you are tempted all day long to drink more. The tucks pads were a godsend to me when I got them too! I would put on a maxi pad, then put a tucks pad on top of it in the back, and wear it for a while. Sweet relief!



Center Point

try tucks pads. they have witch hazel in them which reduces swelling and makes them feel better. i've had them for awhile now and am really hoping they go away after the baby comes. i'm not too worried right now cuz i know they're just going to get worse when i push the baby out, so...



Farwell

actually u have to go to the dr right away cause it can actually cause complications during the labour my sis had then and they were gone by the time she went into labour all the best, there is treatment during pregnancy



Hyde Park

i was constipated during my pregnancy so my doctor gave me natural fibre powder to drink which helps and i had hemoroids ater child birth so i was given some ointment



New Sharon

You could try sitting on a donut cushion if it hurts to sit down and that way you're not making them worse by pressing down on them.



Stotts City

hemorrhoids very common in pregnancy....lots and lots of women have them.. dont be afraid to tell your doctor he has lots of stuff that can help you,,,rmember he deals with this every day.. you are not unique with this.. it is his job...he doesnt mentally judge anyone over things like this.. it is just life..ask him if you can take vitamins too vit e and c and b complex are known to help a lot.. along with lots of fruit and veges and wholegrains in your diet..



Whitelaw

Hemorrhoids may develop due to the increased blood in your body during pregnancy, along with increased pressure to the blood vessels in your pelvis. Hemorrhoids usually disappear after delivery. Eat a high fiber diet to keep your stools soft, drink lots of fluids, and don't strain during a bowel movement. To relieve itching or pain, try a warm sitz bath, apply an ice pack or a cloth soaked in witch hazel. Kegel exercises, design to strengthen the pelvic muscles, can improve circulation in the area. Getting off your feet may also help. Talk to your doctor and let him know about your situation and maybe he can give you something that is safe to use while you are pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment