Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sitz baths help with hemorrhoids??


New Lebanon

I've been readign contradicting information on the treatment of hemorrhoids lately. On the one hand, a lot of sources say that sitz baths are really helpful and they recommend doing them 2-4 times daily. On the other hand, a lot of sources say that you shouldn't sit on the toilet for too long because that put more pressure on the hemorrhoids. I've been doing the baths and the latter seems to be correct. I feel a lot more discomfort and the situation seems to be worsening. Am I doing anything wrong??



Linthicum

What I found worked for me was to only do a short sitzbath after I used the bathroom. I agree, when I would use it more often or longer, I felt worse. Once I started to feel better, I would just hop in the shower after, instead of the sitzbath. Hope you feel better soon!! It's MISERABLE!!



Monument

Other suggestions on this page are own experiences too, I wish you check alternate remedies options as well.www.divine-herbs.com/id32.html



Estates of Fort Lauderdale

Everything is not for everyone. if one of these remedies do not work for you, speak to your physician about another method you can use



Hillandale

The Dr can prescribe suppositories made specifically for hemorrhoids. We have good success with them in the nursing home in offering relief.You might also try Tucks medicated pads or Preparation H. Both help by reducing the hemorrhoid's size. Consider continuing anything & everything that has helped in the past. There does come a time when hemorrhoid surgery 'might be' necessary. Have you been to the Dr recently for this problem? If not, you may want to seek medical advice. There are always new products being introduced in the market. He may know about some that I am not aware of. I know how miserable one can become when they are in pain. Have you tried Ibuprofen for the inflammation? It might be worth a try. Otherwise, give your Dr a try. It's worth a shot. No pun intended.


No comments:

Post a Comment